Saturday, October 27, 2007

Heaven...I'm in heaven...and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak....

If you can't tell, I'm listening to Fred Astaire right now. This has to be a quick blog because I promised myself I would go to bed at midnight. It's sad, but these days if I even get to bed by 1 on a weeknight, I think I'm going to bed early.

Oh, dear. I had something to blog about and now I've completely forgotten it. Is this what old age is like? I think it's just the Fred Astaire music that is jumbling my thoughts.

Well, that's too bad, because I'm pretty sure that it was scintillating. It probably would have left your mind in a state of awe and wonder for days. As it is, let me make you feel intelligent by relating something I actually heard a college student say: "I didn't even went to English today." No kidding.

My life is spent too much at the library and the monotony of it all may affect my hair color if something doesn't happen. Fortunately, my favorite English BA is coming to Waco next weekend! Hurray! And, after about Wednesday I should be done with all major exams and papers, at least for a little bit, so except for the usual Philosophy response paper and a few hours' worth of Latin and Greek, I should have a fairly free weekend, which means, Swing dancing and Wild West on Thursday, H's party on Friday, (after Crane Scholar's) homecoming stuff on Saturday (including the game! I'm actually starting to enjoy football), making food for Amanda and having good talks again, and who knows? I may get crazy and actually go to church on Sunday! I'm so looking forward to having a life again - if only for a few days.

Oh, by the way, I did not get the scholarship I applied for - somebody doesn't love me - but I did find out that last spring I got high honors on my national Greek exam - 2nd highest score at Baylor! and I am now in Eta Sigma Phi, the Classics Honor's Society.

Valete et kai chairete! (Excuse the sloppy transliteration)

P.S. Amanda, what do you want to eat while you're here?

2 comments:

Sara said...

That's fantastic about the Greek exam! Yay Ashley!

I'm sorry you've been so swamped, but at least it sounds like you'll get some relaxing in this weekend. Other than snowing you under, are your classes happy/fun/interesting?

You should totally swing through Waco, if at all possible, before you leave. I take it you've decided on a semester in Italy? How fun!

I'm sad I'll be missing out on the homecoming reunion, and all this talk of food is making me want to bake things (which I can't because a) ingredients are different here b) I can't read a Russian recipe, and c) my hozhaika probably wouldn't let me use the oven anyway. Boo.) So make some cupcakes or something and eat them in honor of me, if you don't mind. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your favorite English BA also found quite a few apostrophe issues, missy, so flattery ain't gonna get you nowhere. ;) I kid, I kid. :)

Anything you want to make is good. No chocolate, though, as the friend is allergic (it gives her migraines. Isn't that sad?).

Swamped is never a good feeling, but this too shall pass. It will be made right.